Because Android doesn't know the concept of address books, DAVx⁵ has to create a so-called DAVx⁵ Address book account for every synchronized CardDAV address book.
Normally, contacts apps only display accounts which can really used to synchronize contacts. In the context of DAVx⁵, these accounts are "DAVx⁵ Address book" accounts.
In the illustration below you can see an account called "t-online" with one address book called "Mein Adressbuch". This address book is the only entry in the AOSP Contacts app, as one would expect.
If you use the Google Contacts app with Android 11, it will not only show DAVx⁵ address books, but also the DAVx⁵ main accounts, although they are not used to synchronize contacts.
Always put contacts into a "DAVx⁵ address book" account. If you put them into a "DAVx⁵ [without: address book]" account, they will not be synchronized!
- Google Contacts shows non-address book account (forum) – if you have questions, additional information or ideas how to solve this problem, please post there.
- Android issue #175337153
This problem would have to be fixed in Google Contacts. Possible workarounds:
- You can continue to use Google Contacts and put new contacts only into DAVx⁵ address book accounts (see illustration).
- Or you can use any other contacts app, for instance:
- your device vendor's Contacts app (including AOSP Contacts),
- one of the countless other contacts app in the app stores.