Address books, calendars and task lists contain private and sensitive data by their nature. We believe that individuals and companies should be able to be in full control of their own data. This means the freedom to choose where and how the data are stored, and freedom in choice of software. CalDAV/CardDAV are open protocols and thus can be used with various server and client software.
We have decided to make DAVx⁵ free and Open Source software (FOSS) because we believe in the openness of the Internet and we want to be a counterpart to all the ones who want to force people to store their private data in "the cloud" (say: other people's computers), using proprietary standards.
However, CalDAV/CardDAV is a very complex topic and development, maintenance and support is hard work. So, although we offer DAVx⁵ and other services like information on this Web site for free (as in freedom), we highly appreciate your support and ask you to either buy DAVx⁵ or donate to the project. Thank you!
If you want to spend some time on this project, here are some ideas:
- Help translating DAVx⁵ to your language.
- Have a look at the forums and help other people.
- Contribute to the DAVx⁵ manual by sending a merge request.
- Spread the word and tell other people how important it is to store their data on CalDAV/CardDAV servers instead of "the cloud" and help them with setting it up.
- Audit the code and send merge requests for improvements.
- Implement something from the roadmap/ideas wiki page and send a merge request. Please tell us in the forums before you start so that we can coordinate everything (especially bigger changes).
- If you have other ideas, just tell us!
Recipient name: Stockmann, Hirner GesnbR (Austria)
IBAN: AT86 1420 0200 1096 7830
Reference text: DAVx5
Bank name: easybank AG
Bank address: Quellenstraße 51 – 55, 1100 Wien, Austria (European Union)