Managed DAVx⁵ can fully be configured over the EMM. Restricted settings are pre-set and cannot be changed by the user. These settings (restrictions) include
- your organization name, homepage and logo,
- CalDAV/CardDAV settings like the base URL and contact group method,
- support options (email / phone number of your IT department) shown in the app and
- connectivity settings (e.g. WiFi restriction),
- the license code you will receive from us and which is required for synchronization.
A comprehensive list of all settings can be found in our manual.
As soon as you have deployed Managed DAVx⁵ to your users and set the restrictions, they only need to open Managed DAVx⁵ in their work profile, enter their user name / password (or select their client certificate) to connect to your organization's CalDAV/CardDAV solution.
Client certificates (plus the CA certificate) can be provisioned over EMM. In this use case, users don't even have to enter their password when they set up their Managed DAVx⁵ account! Instead, security is enforced through the device security policy.
If you don't have a MDM with Android Enterprise or if you don't want to use it for some reason, it is possible to deploy Managed DAVx⁵ in other ways:
- standard Google Play (without Android Enterprise),
- over an organization-private F-Droid repository,
- over Intranet download (APK is published on an Intranet download page),
- or even by email (APK is sent to users).
In these scenarios, Managed DAVx⁵ can be configured over
- QR code (users scan a QR code provided by the IT department to have their Managed DAVx⁵ configured)
- Intranet URL (users open a special Intranet page on their mobile device to have their Managed DAVx⁵ configured),
- unicast DNS (a special query resolves to a configuration file URL, no user interaction required), or
- Zeroconf DNS-SD (similar method).