Managed DAVx⁵ can fully be configured over the EMM. Restricted settings are pre-set and cannot be changed by the user. These settings (restrictions) include
- your organization name, homepage and logo,
- CalDAV/CardDAV settings like the base URL and contact group method,
- support options (email / phone number of your IT department) shown in the app and
- connectivity settings (e.g. WiFi restriction),
- the license code you will receive from us and which is required for synchronization.
A comprehensive list of all settings can be found in our manual.
As soon as you have deployed Managed DAVx⁵ to your users and set the restrictions, they only need to open Managed DAVx⁵ in their work profile, enter their user name / password (or select their client certificate) to connect to your organization's CalDAV/CardDAV solution.
Client certificates (plus the CA certificate) can be provisioned over EMM. In this use case, a user don't even has to enter their password when they set up their Managed DAVx⁵ account! Instead, security is enforced through the device security policy.
If you don't have a MDM with Android Enterprise or if you don't want to use it for some reason, it is possible to deploy Managed DAVx⁵ in other ways:
- standard Google Play (without Android Enterprise),
- over an organization-private F-Droid repository,
- over Intranet download (APK is published on an Intranet download page),
- or even by email (APK is sent to users).
In these scenarios, Managed DAVx⁵ can be configured over
- QR code (users scan a QR code provided by the IT department to have their Managed DAVx⁵ configured)
- Intranet URL (users open a special Intranet page on their mobile device to have their Managed DAVx⁵ configured),
- unicast DNS (a special query resolves to a configuration file URL, no user interaction required), or
- Zeroconf DNS-SD (similar method).