At some occasions (especially when booting and after app updates), Android looks for orphaned accounts which are not associated to a sync adapter. Unfortunately, this check is sometimes run before DAVx⁵ is available. So, Android doesn't find DAVx⁵, thinks that all your DAVx⁵ accounts are orphaned and deletes them. This problem is known for two cases:
- when DAVx⁵ has been moved to the SD card / USB storage (although this is forbidden by the app manifest),
- because of a Google Play bug which may affect users who have got DAVx⁵ via Play Store on
- some Android 4.1 devices,
- many Android 4.4.x devices, regardless of the manufacturer, for instance LG G3 (LG-D855) with Android 4.4.2,
- and some other devices.
- DAVx⁵ must not be moved to external storage (SD card / USB storage).
- Upgrade your device to the latest available Android version (if your firmware is really old, you may consider a custom ROM).
If you use Google Play, install the DAVx⁵ JB Workaround (only available on Android 4.x).(not available anymore)
- You may consider to install DAVx⁵ from another source (e.g. F-Droid).