Nextcloud is a PHP-based server software to access, share and protect your files, calendars, contacts, communication & more at home and in your enterprise.
Since DAVx5 4.3.9 we support a service login method for Nextcloud. You'll be able to authenticate through the web without entering any credentials directly in DAVx5.
- From the Add account screen choose "Nextcloud".
- Enter the server address URL of your Nextcloud. For example:
- Tap "Login" and authenticate through the browser.
- After authentication is complete close the browser window and DAVx5 should offer you the last step of the account creation.
- Create the account and setup is finished.
You can use the Nextcloud app for Android to set up DAVx⁵ without having to enter the Nextcloud URL:
/remote.php/dav (for instance:
Contact group method: groups are per-contact categories (other methods are supported on server side, but the Contacts Nextcloud app only uses
CATEGORIES at the moment)
User name and password: your Nextcloud username and
- device-specific password for DAVx⁵ (recommended for performance and security; required if you use 2FA (two-factor authentication))
- otherwise, the account password (not recommended)
You can access your Nextcloud files using the DAVx⁵ WebDAV mounts feature.
User name and password: same as for CalDAV/CardDAV (using a device-specific password is highly recommended)
We recommend to use the Nextcloud app to access and synchronize your files with Android. However, there may be use cases where DAVx⁵ can do better (for instance, to stream big files). You can also use both apps together.