Nextcloud is a PHP-based server software to access, share and protect your files, calendars, contacts, communication & more at home and in your enterprise.
DAVx⁵ is integrated with the Nextcloud app for Android. You can use it to set up DAVx⁵ without having to enter a base URL:
- Install the Nextcloud app for Android.
- Open the Settings of the Nextcloud app.
- Choose "Sync calendar & contacts".
- DAVx⁵ will open with
- pre-filled URL/user name, or
- Nextcloud Login Flow (requires Nextcloud app 3.9.0+ and DAVx⁵ 2.6+).
- Continue DAVx⁵ setup as usual (see below).
/remote.php/dav (for instance:
Contact group method: groups are per-contact categories (other methods are supported on server side, but the Contacts Nextcloud app only uses
CATEGORIES at the moment)
User name and password: Nextcloud account password or device-specific password. If you're using two-factor authentication, you have to generate and use a device-specific password for DAVx⁵.